Thursday, May 24, 2012

Jaclyn Mora

This is me in January, 2012 right before I started working with Debbie Portell and Roger Semsch at Powerhouse Gym.


 I am 5’3” and I weighed my all time high of 152 lbs. I have always been very active and competed in sports throughout my life, but I have always struggled with my nutrition. After graduating from college in May 2011, and starting a fulltime career, my health began to take a backseat to everything else. The further off track I got, the harder it was to motivate myself to live a healthy, active lifestyle. 


After meeting with Debbie and Roger, I was excited to finally have a game plan for getting back into shape, and changing my overall health and fitness. 



(click images to enlarge)

They showed me exactly how we would reach my goals together. Since starting, I have loved every minute of the process. Debbie has trained me how to correctly perform resistance training, and what exercises are best for my build. Debbie not only has taught me how to make my workouts more effective, she has also helped me with my negative thought patterns. 


Roger has taught me how to eat healthy and make this a life style, not just another diet. I have already lost 23 lbs since starting in January 2012, and I am still going. I am training for my first Figure Competition with Roger and Debbie right by my side every step of the way. They have helped my become both mentally and physically healthy. Roger and Debbie don’t just try and get you to look good, they want to help change you lifestyle and unhealthy habits. I am so thankful for all of their support and encouragement throughout this process. I can’t wait to see what comes next.

-Jaclyn Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment