Friday, August 3, 2012

Amber McCourtney 5


Veggies Please! 

Never would I have thought I would be walking into my nutritionist’s office and asking him to take away my chips and begging for vegetables.. HOWEVER, that’s exactly what I did this past Saturday. When I first started getting to know Debbie I thought it was intense talking about eating 100% perfect 100% of the time. But the longer I’ve trained with her the more and more I see the benefits. I’ll never forget simply being told to throw away my uncontrollable foods. I thought to myself that I could handle it. All things in moderation I thought… WRONG. Deb was right. I’ve come to find that if I can’t control it I’m better off cutting it out altogether. And having my diet on spot just makes me feel so much better physically, mentally & even emotionally. It doesn’t happen overnight but once it does, it’s fantastic.

Over the last week everyone in my family has been passing around some ugly stomach bug. It finally caught up with me yesterday sending me home from work early with chills and fever. The difference is where everyone else sank deep into the sickness requiring several days to totally recover I was up and going again this morning. I never did get sick to the same degree. Now it may not be the diet but it’s a hard thought to just pass over.

In the weight room I’m feeling great. Over the last two months Debbie has tailored my workouts to better fit my needs. Coupled with my corrective exercises and foam rolling I love the results I’m seeing. As a matter of fact I put on an old shirt Monday only to find that it was tight around my delts… INSTANT SMILE!  Last we did arms and I’m so excited to try it on my own this week. Next session we hit legs...... I’m thinking I may need a few prayers on this one lol!
Happy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment