Monday, June 18, 2012

Misti Sowell


I am a Mother of five beautiful children. Never in a million years did I think AFTER having five children not only would I be in the best shape of my life but that I would step on stage as a Fitness and Figure competitor! But, I am and I DID!!! All thanks to Roger Semsch and Debbie Portell!

In 2008 as I was training a client in the weight room at my gym. I noticed a lady walk in with incredible arms and I had to ask her what she was doing...I wanted that!! She said she was working with a Nutritionist named Roger. She gave me his number,I called the minute I got home and like they say,the rest is history. After meeting with him for several months and seeing and feeling wonderful results he suggested training with Debbie. To be honest I wasn't too sure about the idea. First of all I didn't live in St. Louis, I was living in O' Fallon Illinois and already was driving 45 minutes each way just to see Roger. 


And besides, I am a certified Personal Trainer, do I really need to hire a trainer? The answer....yes,yes and YES!!!! 

The first time I met with her I was amazed not only with  her knowledge but the care and time she took to explain things with me. First session is what she calls an orientation. This is where she evaluates your posture and alignment. Looking for the areas I needed to improve on and explaining that to me. She then introduced me to the foam roller and stressed the importance of stretching. An area I seem to always be in too much of a hurry for.

I began training with her once a week but after the first workout I wanted more and knew It would be well worth the drive twice a week. I continued training with her and Roger for almost two years until I recently moved to Arkansas. I am preparing for my third show in July and am still working with both of them. I come to visit and workout with Debbie every other month and  Roger does phone consulting with me for my nutrition. I am indeed grateful for these two wonderful people in my life. I would not be where I am at today with my health if it wasn't for them.


They have taught me that it's a lifestyle. And have been by my side every step of the way. 


Eat Clean. Train Mean. Stay Lean.

No comments:

Post a Comment