Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Diana Pitts

Before
I first met Debbie in 2011 at a figure bodybuilding show that I competed in. I then attended a few other bodybuilding shows as a spectator and noticed that routinely Debbie’s girls were winning first place. At that time I was placing second and third in the shows I  competed in and started to consider asking her for help. I was very proud of what I had accomplished training on my own over the last twenty years and wasn't sure a trainer would be able to help me. After some consideration I contacted Debbie and asked her if she would take me on as a client.



My first session with Debbie, we didn't even lift a pound. 

She did what she called an “orientation”. She evaluated my posture, alignment and flexibility. She educated me on the areas I needed improvement on and why. She then showed me what my correct posture should be and how to correct it. She demonstrated foam rolling and stretching exercises and I was instructed to do these exercises daily.


After
I left that session a little perplexed. I wasn’t too sure about all this body alignment stuff. It seemed a little bogus to me if you really want to know the truth. A bit reluctant, I went ahead and followed the instructions given. Soon after our first couple of sessions, Debbie and I started posing practice sessions (posing for figure bodybuilding competitions). I was really excited about the posing practice, because that was what I felt I needed so much help with.


A couple of weeks went by, my workout sessions with Debbie were great, but I was still struggling with my posing. I just couldn't seem to get my back pose the way it needed to be. I started to wonder if I was ever going to get it right. Debbie took pictures of me at every posing practice. I wasn't too excited about this, but I knew it was her way to show my progress.


Then, one day, it seemed to click, my back pose came in. I couldn't believe it.

I was so excited to see her progress pics and compare my beginning pics to the current ones. I could really tell the difference in the pictures. It was like all of a sudden everything she told me and made me do made perfect sense. Ever since then, I really started to value the importance of posture and alignment. I began looking at every day people differently. I started to notice the areas they needed improvement in their posture.

Since my posture has been corrected my muscle presentation has improved greatly and my posing is now spot on. Not only did my upper body improve, but my lower body as well. From the end of November to the middle of March, I improved enough to take first place figure masters over all at the St Louis NPC show. I then competed on April 20th in the NANBF pro qualifier show, taking Figure Masters and Figure open overall winning not one, but two IFPA pro cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment